Agricultural and Horticultural LED Lightbars
New Agricultural / Horticultural LED Lightbars Offer Optimal Plant Growth Stimulation
Lumex’s exciting new LED lightbar technology can generate up to 93% more efficient light absorption, 50% space sav- ings and 80% cost savings compared to some HID technologies. Due to its efficient design, the SunBrite Agricultural LED Lightbars can be up to 20% more compact in size and 20% more cost-effective than alternative agricultural LED technologies.
Academic research has demonstrated that optimal light exposure for chlorophyll absorption is obtained when plants are exposed to red (640 to 660 nm) and blue (450nm to 460nm) light sources. LEDs offer full spectral composition control, ensuring that nearly 100% of emitted light waves are fined tuned to match the absorption wavelengths of chlorophyll compared to HPS technology where only 7% of the light created is absorbed by plants. Because LEDs offer 93% more efficient light absorption than HPS technology, use of fertilizers and other plant food can be significantly reduced, generating cost savings and minimizing the use of chemicals.
Applications / Markets:
- Planting & Seeding
- Available in both red and blue wavelengths for diverse plant types and growing cycles
- Enhanced efficiency in the area of reduced power consumption
- Last up to 4x longer than HID technologies and reduce maintenance time requirements by up to 75%
- Can be easily incorporated into programmable, digitally controlled systems
- Operating temperatures range from -20°C to 45°C
- Mounting clips are available in vertical, 45°, or swivel formats
- Transformers are available for easy plug and play performance
- IP66 rated to protect against dust and water jets
- RoHS and CE compliant
Lumex Contact Information
North America & Europe
Lumex Sales Department,
290 E. Helen Rd.,
Palatine, IL 60067 USA.
Lumex Asian Pacific Headquarters,
3F, No. 972, Sec. 4, Chung Hsing Rd.,
Chu Dung, Hsin Chu County, Taiwan, ROC
Web (in Chinese): www.lumex.com.tw
For 30 years Lumex has been a global leader in the optoelectronics industry, with the broadest range of high efficiency, high performance LEDs and LCDs in the industry. With thousands of standard products and a focus on semi-custom and custom designs, Lumex is a valuable resource for quality and innovation. Lumex's optical range encompasses a wide spectrum including UV, visible and infrared wavelengths. Lumex's team of Technical Design Specialists are experts in collaboratively developing effective, smart solutions from the most complex design dilemmas.
Lumex has a global footprint with the worldwide headquarters outside Chicago and the Asian headquarters in Taiwan. With manufacturing capabilities in the United States, China, Taiwan and Thailand, Lumex is able to support over 23 end markets with more than 80,000 customers both directly and through our distribution channel partners. Over the last 30 years, the name Lumex has become synonymous with quality and performance around the world.
About ITW Photonics Group
The ITW Photonics Group was created to bring together and build on the technical expertise of individual companies that specialize in photonics technology and span the full spectrum of wavelengths. The group consists of:
The synergy of these three industry front-runners provides an unsurpassed range of photonic capabilities within a broad spectrum of markets, including medical, military and industrial controls. The ITW Photonics Group provides integrated solutions that encompass the technology and experience from all three business units, offering design engineers higher performance with greater feature enhancements.
- Lumex - LED and LCD technology
- Cal Sensors - IR Detector and Emitter technology
- ITW Linx - Communicati0ons Products / Surge Protection Solutions
- Opto Diode Corp - LED, Silicon Photodiodes and Electro-Optical Assembly technology